The 'Share With Another School' admin page allows you to export existing profile sets from your site and share them with other schools, should they choose to accept your invitation.
About the cLc passport?
The cLc passport enables users on remote platforms to share profile sets and give access to profile sets as if they were on the same platform.
Platforms are remote from one another when they are hosted in separate physical locations. As an example there are separate physical installations of cLc platforms in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia.
Sharing profile sets over remote platform operates as if sharing profile sets with other schools on the same platform except that the platform and school needs to be provided.
The following diagram provides an overview of the process of sharing a profile set between two separate cLc platforms.
Once shared, the profile set can be used as if part of the remote cLc.
Schools This Profile Set Is Shared With:
Lists any schools who are currently sharing this profile set.
Sent Invitations To Share This Profile Set:
Lists any invitations other schools to share this profile set.
Send An Invitation To Share This Profile Set:
To send an invitation to share this profile set, select the desired school from the list and click on the 'Request to Share Profile Set' button. This will send the invitation to the selected school. cLc Managers at their end may then choose to accept or decline your invitation.
Select the required options
• Show top level in My Communities area – This option is used so that only the top level group of the remotely partnered cLc is displayed in My Communities. This ensures that if the profile set is included in many groups only the top level group is displayed helping to reduce clutter.
• Users can be searched – This setting determines if users in the profile can be searched for by members in the partnered cLc.
• Users can search – This setting determines if users in the profile set can search for other users in the partnered cLc.
• User can email – This setting determines if users can send email to users in the partnered cLc.
• User can message - This setting determines if users can send email to users in the partnered cLc.