Welcome to Year R
Year R invite you to their performance of
On: Thursday 12th December
Doors open at 1.30pm
2 tickets per child
Entrance via the year 1 lower tunnel (next to Elmer room) to the hall.
(Look out for a letter with your tickets - coming soon!)
Our Turtle target is:
To listen to others.
In maths we are:
- talk about shapes, shape pictures, shape models and patterns
- to make a repeating pattern
- to match the correct numeral to quantity (1-10)
In phonics we are:
- learning to recognise and sound the letters of the alphabet
- learning that sometimes 2 letters make 1 sound: ck, ll, ss, ff (digraphs)
- learning to read our tricky words by sight: I, no, go, the, to, into
- sounding and blending 2-3 letter words
Please refer to the 'English' section on the left to help with the correct pronunciation of sounds.
In Literacy we are:
- learning the Oxford Reading Tree characters
- talking about story books we have read
- practising handwriting patterns
Click on the link below to share some Oxford Reading Tree books.
Upcoming key dates for your diary!
Thursday 12th December 1.45pm – Year R Christmas Nativity performance
Tuesday 17th December – Christmas lunch and party
Wednesday 18th December 3.20pm – Christmas fundraiser Year R parents invited (more information to follow)
Friday 20th December – Last day of term
Look out for the sign up sheets on classroom windows for welly walks.
First welly walks planned for week commencing 11th November!
Please check the Orbit website frequently for updates to your child's Learning Journey. We love to read the postcards that you post too!
If you have any more special achievements that your child would like to share with us, please help yourselves to more ‘Wow slips’ which will be available on class windows or from the Year R staff. Click on the link below to print off your own WOW slips.
We will be singing songs using the sounds we learn.
If you would like to sing along at home then click on the link below and scroll down to 'Interactive Phonic Presentation with songs'.
Once you have clicked it a box will appear...
If you just want to sing the songs once then press 'run'. If you want to sing them on a regular basis then click 'save'.