Pupil Premium at St Thomas a Becket Catholic Infant School.
Pupil premium is money received by the school for children entitled to free school meals, even though they may not have a school meal. Each child in school, who is entitled to free school meals, is included in the allocation which is based on about £600 per child.
St Thomas a Becket Catholic Infant school is committed to using this money to support children in a variety of ways to enhance their learning, education and social experiences.
This year we received the sum of £11,214 which was spent by:
- employing additional support staff
- providing individual and small group support for pupils with learning and emotional needs
- building an outside classroom
- providing enrichment activities such as theatre groups and taking the children out on trips
- and other items identified during the year that are deemed appropriate for pupil premium funding.
If you believe your child may be entitled to free school meals (even if you do not wish to use them), please speak with the school office. A confidential check can be
undertaken so the school can ensure any funds due to the school are received.