How to apply
Applications to Swindon SCITT can be made through the Graduate Teacher Training Registry (gttr) or through School Direct.
Applications for the following courses should be made through GTTR:
Computer Science, Design & Technology, Science with Biology.
A brief summary of the GTTR application process is given below but for full details and an on-line application form click on the direct link to gttr below:
or contact the gttr helpline telephone no. 0870 1122205
1. Applicants for secondary training list four courses in order of preference
2. gttr sends a reduced copy to the first named institution if places are still available.
3. Applicants meeting all the entry requirements are interviewed.
4. The outcome of the interview is formally communicated in writing through gttr.
5. If unsuccessful, the form is copied to the next institution on the list. Whilst applications are accepted for consideration until 30th June, you are strongly advised to apply as early as possible. Experience has shown that places on the English course, in particular, fill quickly with well-qualified applicants.
Applications for the following courses can be made through School Direct:
English, Maths, Modern Foreign Languages, Science with Chemistry & Science with Physics.
Pen portraits of the Swindon SCITT partnership schools who are offering School Direct placements can be viewed from the folder in the column to the left.